Welcome to another issue of our infamous viewer mail series. Like in previous issues, we will look at actual search terms that people used to find this blog, then we will provide advice, answers, or humor that corresponds with what you were looking for. (And this is open to your questions, too — just use our contact us form to send us any question you’d like an answer to, and we’ll come up with something.) Let us begin.
- why are chimpanzees smarter then humans? — Uhh, they’re not. However, if you believe that, maybe they are smarter than some humans… 😮
- ice cream buffet — I’ve never heard of one, but that sounds like a good idea. And in addition to having many varieties of ice cream out there, of course there should also be lots of different toppings to choose from and mix in, like crumbled Oreos, Butterfinger chunks, hot fudge, caramel, graham cracker crumbs, etc. I think somebody should make this happen.
- how does the moon belch? — You’ve got me on this one. I can say that I’ve never thought about this before, and I don’t know. It would be really weird if the moon did belch or fart, because it would probably be very loud, and we might even hear it on the earth. On a slightly more serious note, to answer your question, if it has any active volcanoes, then perhaps that’s how, but I don’t know of any. However, there is the backside of the moon, which we don’t see, so perhaps there’s some clues on that side.
- interesting facts to read while on toilet — There are a lot of good books and magazines out there for reading in such conditions, and comics are great for that also. Another suggestion would be to print out some articles from this blog. The free-for-all stories are good (just click on the title of each one to get all the comments, so you get the whole story), and there’s a page with lots of toilet facts (which would be appropriate, although some might give you pause), and there’s a few posts that have a lot of discussion in the comments (see here for starters).
- nuclear scorpion — There’s been a lot of searches related to scorpions recently, and I wonder what all the hype / buzz is about. Perhaps the next Godzilla movie will feature a nuclear scorpion. (Has he ever fought one?) So maybe this is from a leaked movie script, or it could be just some crazy conspiracy theory, or maybe my warnings about Turkey Point were prophetic. I don’t know which it is, but I’m curious also. If anyone knows why scorpions are so popular now, let me know in the comments.
- flush toilet into air 10 feet away tooth — Hmm… how should I interpolate this one? Did the toilet water (and waste) shoot 10 feet into the air when you flushed it and got on your teeth? Ugh! Let’s hope that’s not what you’re talking about, because that’s downright stank-nasty! Generally, you want your toilet to flush downward, taking the poop and other excrement away from you. If it’s going into the air, then your toilet is malfunctioning. On a side note, if your whole toilet exploded and shot up in the air, that would be kinda cool, but you’d rather that not happen at your home or while anyone is nearby.
- moon backside nasa — See, it’s not just me who thinks there may be something going on at the backside of the moon! Because we can’t see the back of the moon, NASA (or some other space agency) could be having underground operations there without even having to go underground. There could be something nefarious going on there, so we need to check it out for ourselves. Do we have any volunteers to secretly go to the moon and investigate? If you find something, we’ll film it, and it’ll make a great movie, perhaps even winning a Nobel Peace Prize (since Al Gore has lowered the bar so low with his documentary). Who’s interested in going?
That’s all for this issue. Feel free to discuss any of these topics in the comments.