We now continue our look at the special days / holidays / observances in February.
- 9 Toothache Day — I will pass on this one!
- 11 Don’t Cry over Spilled Milk Day — You shouldn’t ever cry over spilled milk, so I don’t know why there’s an individual day for it.
- 13 Get a Different Name Day — This is the time for you to go by your favorite nickname or alias.
- 14 Valentine’s Day — This is the day when florists raise the price of roses by a few hundred percent, and when your wife / girlfriend expects red roses and chocolates and a card.
- 15 Singles Awareness Day — I imagine singles are plenty aware of their singleness after Valentine’s Day, so this holiday is totally unnecessary.
- 17 Random Acts of Kindness Day — The key here is that the acts of kindness are random. There are a ton of possibilities here. For example, you could give someone a pet turtle; just leave it on their desk at work. Pets make people happier, I’ve heard.
- 18 President’s Day — Some of the famous presidents already have their own holidays, so this is for the presidents that you don’t remember. I don’t know what you should do to celebrate, unless it means getting off work. Unfortunately, most companies don’t observe this one.
- 19 National Chocolate Mint Day — Your actions this day should be obvious : eat foods with chocolate mint.
- 20 Hoodie Hoo Day — According to my research, you are supposed to go outside at noon to shout “Hoodie-hoo!” to scare away Winter and make way for Spring. Um, is this for real? Apparently there are people who actually meet to do this. To each their own…
- 22 Be Humble Day — I try to be humble, but it’s difficult when you’re this cool… 🙂
- 22 International World Thinking Day — This is a holiday celebrated by the Girl Scouts and other girl groups. On this day, they should set aside some time to think about things. 🙂
- 23 International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day — Your dog probably already appreciates them plenty, but what about you? This day, you should eat a dog biscuit or two so you can fully appreciate them. I know, this is unconventional, but trust me — it’s a good time. It’s best to do this with some friends over. I guarantee there will be some laughs.
- 23 Tennis Day — Tennis is an excellent sport and is a great source of exercise, but this should be in the spring, I think. The weather in February might not be too cooperative for outdoor sports.
- 24 National Tortilla Chip Day — Eat tortilla chips. Note that cheese dip goes extremely well with tortilla chips.
- 27 No Brainer Day — By definition, a “no brainer” is something that’s simple, easy, obvious, and/or logical. So on this day, you should only do simple stuff, like eating and sleeping and watching TV. For those things that require thinking, you shouldn’t do it today. So obviously you shouldn’t be working this day.
- 28 Public Sleeping Day — Work is in public, right? 🙂
- 29 Leap Day — As you know, this day occurs once every four years. I happen to know someone who was born on Leap Day, so she has a birthday only every 4 years. That’s kinda neat. I think businesses ought to give their employees the day off on Leap Day, since it’s a bonus day. It should be like an extra Saturday during the weekend. Someone should make this happen. If we have to work on the extra day of the year, we should be paid extra. It makes sense to me…
Well, that’s all, folks. Tune in next month for the next one. Wait, actually, you should tune in every day, because there’s all kinds of funny, exclusive content here on this blog. That way, you won’t miss anything. So just bookmark the homepage (click on the name in the logo at the top of the page to get to the homepage), and tell your friends. See you next time!