Now we’ll look at the daily holidays / celebrations / observations in August:
- 1 National Raspberry Cream Pie Day — I’m not sure I’ve ever had one of these, but it sounds good.
- 1 Respect for Parents’ Day — This should be every day. I know, that saying may not be popular, but it is one of the Ten Commandments, so it should be taken seriously.
- 2 National Ice Cream Sandwich Day — This is a wonderful holiday! Ice cream sandwiches are scrumptious! I could eat these all the time…
- 2 National Mustard Day — Ugh! I can’t stand mustard! Even the smell is repulsive! Why is this a holiday? There isn’t a good use for mustard. All sandwiches and burgers should use Miracle Whip, never mustard.
- 3 Friendship Day — Be thankful for your close friends. They’re the ones who know just how weird and/or stupid you are sometimes, yet they like you anyway. 🙂
- 3 International Forgiveness Day (the first Sunday in August) — Hmm… Watch your step now, because even though this is a humor blog, I need to say something serious here. And you should really watch your toes on this one. If you don’t forgive others, God won’t forgive you. So know that it’s VERY important that you forgive everyone, whether they deserve it or not. (See Matthew 6:14-15)
- 3 National Watermelon Day — Watermelon, it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.
- 4 National Chocolate Chip Day — This is a great idea for a holiday! I shall celebrate with freshly-baked chocolate chip cookies! Mmm…
- 5 Work Like a Dog Day — I don’t currently own a dog, but I have in the past. Looking back, they slept a lot, and chased stuff when they weren’t sleeping. I can work that hard this day…
- 6 Wiggle Your Toes Day — Why is there a day for this? I don’t get it…
- 7 Sea Serpent Day — This must be for Nessie, the Loch Ness Monster. So many people have seen him/her/it, yet there is still no definitive proof. But in one of our infamous “free-for-all” stories, three explorers tackled the mystery of Nessie, and you can read it here. It’s a funny story, and you learn what Nessie is guarding in the loch. I guarantee you haven’t read a story quite like this one before.
- 7 Write a Song Day — Someone should write a song about how Buffet o’ Blog is the #1 humor blog on the Internet. If you do, I’ll even promote it here for free. 🙂
- 8 Sneak Some Zucchini onto Your Neighbor’s Porch Day — Uhh… Now that is random! Although, if you read the explanation for it, it actually makes sense. But sometimes it’s better for things to be random than logical. It’s like explaining a joke — it usually ceases to be funny if you have to explain it.
- 8 National Waffle Day — I can support this holiday. Give me plenty of syrup (like Aunt Jemima) and I’m good to go. While we’re talking about waffles, let me ask you this: are waffles better than pancakes? Well, look at it this way: waffles are like pancakes with built-in syrup holders.
- 9 Book Lover’s Day — I don’t know what is implied by “book lover”, but I enjoy reading books. You should, too. Consider books in this context: books are universities anyone can enter.
- 9 International Day of the World’s Indigenous People — I’m an indigenous people! I’m naturally occurring and living in this area of the world. I’ve lived in Arkansas my whole life. Well, actually I haven’t yet… but so far I have. 🙂
We have a lot more holidays to cover for this month, but because this is getting long and because some of my regular readers have pointed out how long each of these tend to be, I’m breaking it up into smaller servings, for your reading consumption convenience.
Click here to find the other entries in this list.